Yoga is one of the best ways to start a healthy lifestyle along with a balanced diet. It helps people to improve their physical and spiritual health with a blend of meditation exercises, some movements, and slow breaths.
If you want peace in your life with strengthened muscles, then try the 10 best yoga postures that are ideal for beginners. These easy yoga postures for beginners are carefully picked to avoid discomfort during the exercise. Some yoga positions are not suitable for all therefore if you are pregnant or over the age of 65 then you must consult your doctor before starting any new exercise.
Benefits of Yoga Postures
- Improved blood circulation, a form of cardio
- Tone muscles and enhance muscle strength
- Protection from potential injuries through other workouts
- Helps to reduce weight
- Improve body posture and reduce the back pain
- Regulates the metabolism
- Increase the body flexibility and bone density
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
- Lowers the blood sugar level
- Calms the neurons and bring a peaceful state of mind
- Improved body balance
- Enhance the sleep quality
10 Best Yoga Postures for Beginners
1. Easy Yoga Pose
The easiest yoga poses that anyone can practice is the one showing the picture. It helps to correct the body posture with stretched back and strengthens the core muscles by stretching the groin and hips.
- Sit straight on a yoga mat with a straight back.
- Cross your legs and position your feet over the opposite knee.
- Leave your arms loose and put your hands on your knee.
- Inhale a deep breath and exhale slowly.
2. Downward Dog Pose
The downward-facing dog position not only strengthens the core but helps to tone the abs by stretching the abdominal muscles.
- Start with a horse position, spread your fingers on a yoga mat while lifting your core by stacking your knees under the butts.
- Stretch your arms and legs.
- Point your tailbone up and support your body on toes and hands.
- Keep your head aligned with your arms.
- Hold yourself in this position for 7 to 10 breaths.
3. Warrior Pose
The warrior pose involves the leg and core muscles to improve body balance. It also stretches the ankles, shoulders, and knees. So, if you have a joint problem then ask your doctor before doing this one.
- Stand straight on a mat, spread your feet 3-4ft apart.
- Keep your right foot straight while turning your left foot towards your body slightly and supporting the leg on toes.
- Bend your left knee.
- Raise your hands parallel to the ground.
- Turn your face towards the left hand.
- Put your weight equally on both legs.
4. Crescent Lunge
This yoga posture aids in strengthening the backbone while toning the thighs.
- Stand straight, step forward while bending your knee.
- Hold your back leg straight and gradually support your weight on your back toes.
- Straighten your spine.
- Extend your both arms straight overhead with the head front-facing.
- Stay in this position for 4-5 breaths to bring back to the original position.
- Take a 30 seconds rest to practice it again with alternative legs.
5. Child’s Pose
Another simple yoga poses for beginners, helps to reduce back pain, abdominal pain, and supports core health. It also soothes the nervous system by improving blood circulation to the brain.
- Sit on a yoga mat with bent knees and toes just under your butts.
- Kneel your torso on a mat with arms stretched out in front of you.
- Rest your head and hands on the yoga mat.
6. Tree Pose
You can try this yoga posture anywhere either in your room or in a park. It helps to release stress, anxiety, and improve body balance.
- Stand straight, gently lift your left leg and bend it to press your foot against your right thigh.
- Keep your left knee bent at 45 degrees angle.
- Maintain your balance.
- Bring both hands in front of your face and lift your elbows apart from the body.
- Hold 7-10 breaths before switching your sides.
7. Upward-Facing Dog
If you are suffering from persistent lower back pain or want to tone your hips, then practice an upward-facing dog. This yoga posture brings the spine to its original position, thus reducing the back problems while flattening the stomach and pumping the hip muscles.
- Lay on your stomach with stretched toes.
- Put hands on the mat and lift your torso while keeping your core on the floor.
- Take help from someone to achieve the correct position.
- Keep your head facing the ceiling and back all stretched.
8. Yoga Planks
This yoga pose is similar to regular planks and helps to develop 6 pack abs, strengthen core, tone legs, and increase weight loss.
- Position yourself like regular planks.
- For this, get on your forearms and feet.
- Lift your torso while keeping the core muscles engaged.
- Keep your forearms bent under your shoulders.
- Look forward.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
9. Low Lunge
The low lunges are similar to crescent lunges. It stretches the shoulder muscles, abdominal muscles, hamstrings, and Low lunge stretch the chest, shoulders, and chest.
- Follow the steps of crescent lunges and drop your head and arms backward.
10. Low Plank
Last but not least, lower planks are also similar to regular planks with minor differences.
- Position yourself in planks.
- Lift your tailbone while keeping your legs straight.
- Bring your hands just below your shoulder with below aligned with the torso.
- Prevent your head from dropping and keep it straight.
- Hold this position for 3 breaths.