Exercise – Calf muscle exercises
Calf muscle exercises will help you to get strong legs. In order to live a healthy and fit life exercise is mandatory. It is not necessary to do heavy cardio exercises or lifting heavy weights to reduce your weight. You can simply trim your belly fat by doing simple yet effective exercises. These exercises can be done normally from the ease of your homes. Each body muscle needs toning. In this particular article, we will be talking about calf muscles.
Make your walking posture accurate with the help of good and beneficial calf muscle exercises. Perfectly toned calf muscles help you straighten your posture and make your body strong. Let’s take a look at some simple calf muscle exercises.
#1. Weight bearing lunges exercise – Calf muscle exercises
Weight bearing lunges exercise will assess the mobility of your ankle-joint as well as symmetry.
Perform the exercise:
- Your toes must face a wall
- Place one foot roughly a hand width apart
- Bend your right knee keeping your heel flat on the ground. You might feel as if you were lunging into the wall
- If you are unable to touch touch the wall without lifting your heel, move it closer and try again.
- Else, if you are able to easily touch your knee with the wall, move your foot back and repeat.
Always keep this in mind that whenever you feel tension in your knees or calf muscles, leave the exercise and give your muscles some rest by just flexing and then sitting straight for a while. In addition to this, if you are recovering from a serious injury then do not repeat this exercise.
#2. Walking lunges
Walking lunges will be able to train multi directional, functional stability in your foot and ankle.
Perform this exercise:
- Stand straight with feet joined
- You must step forward with one foot as your arms reach forward
- From this stage, slowly lower into a lunging position
- While your leg alignment is straight, rotate your torso slowly to each side.
- Next is to stepping forward with the leg which is trailing to bring your feet together again.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other leg in front.
Do not pull any muscle while walking lunges. In the beginning take it slow!
#3. Ankle mobility with string – Calf muscle exercises
Ankle mobility with the help of string will help to improve mobility of ankle-joint. It is also known as dorsiflexion range.
How to do it:
- Knot an elastic band to an anchor at ground level, or simply take a band and tie it around your feet at the ground level
- Tie the other end of the band below your ankle bones
- Create moderate tension in the band, by stepping either foot forward
- Move your knee gently forward and over your toes in the position of straight line
- Give some pause, then return to the initial position
- Try to hold the tension for a few seconds, then slowly return back to the initial position.
- In order to improve mobility, complete ten repetitions on each side. You should not have pain during this exercise.
You should skip this exercise if you feel an adequate and symmetrical range of motion in both ankles.
#4. Calf stretch
This exercise will lengthen your calf muscles and increase mobility in ankle and lower-leg.
How to do it:
- Take a yoga mat and sit in a position with your one leg stretched facing the wall
- Try to make a posture as shown in the figure
- Lean forward with your arm stretched and reaching for your foot
- Always keep your back straight while performing stretches and lower your heel to gently sink into a calf stretch.
- Hold the tension for 30 seconds
- Repeat the same procedure on the other leg.
This calf muscle exercise is by far the best and safest exercise for adults.
#5. Jump Ropes
In order to start jumping ropes, all you need is a jumping rope that has good and strong ends. Usually, you can get a jumping rope from a nearby sports shop, However, if you could have a quality jumping rope then you can perform skipping in an efficient manner.
Conclusion – Calf muscle exercises
In conclusion, calf muscle exercises will help an exerciser or an exercise geek to get strong and toned calf muscles. These above mentioned exercises can be done normally from the ease of your homes. Each body muscle needs toning. If you want to read more about exercises and its benefits then visit Hajex Fitness for further details.